If you are looking for the proper way to adjust payroll liabilities in QuickBooks then give your time to this article. You will be guided to adjust payroll liabilities like correcting an employee’s year to date information, adjustments in company contributions, employee addition and deduction payroll items. You can get more information on payroll liabilities by dialing our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 1888-557-5018.
Before going ahead to the steps which will show you how to adjust payroll liabilities in QuickBooks you have to keep a check on things.
Assisted payroll users can call QuickBooks Support team for adjustments in their payroll
How To Adjust Payroll Liabilities
The steps which are mentioned below will show you how to adjust payroll liabilities by your own. Have a look:
- Create a Payroll Summary Report
- Now adjust the date range on your payroll summary report according to your liability adjustment
- For example: For the 1st quarter adjustments the date should be 01/01 to 03/31
- Write down the amount on the payroll item for adjustment
- Now, navigate to the Employees menu and choose Payroll Taxes and Liabilities > Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
- Fill up the date in the field you want adjustments for.
Note: Change the Date as you will see the current date showing up in the field
- The date you enter will affect your liability balance. This date is used by QuickBooks to analyze the amounts on your 940 and 941 forms and on the Payroll Liability Balances report.
- Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Verify the date it should be exactly similar to the last paycheck of the affected quarter.
- Assisted Payroll:
- If you want adjustment for the previous quarter then use the last day of the affected quarter
- If you are doing adjustments for a current quarter use the same date as the last paycheck
- Now select one from the Company Adjustment or Employee Adjustment you want to relate this liability adjustment
- Go the Item Name drop down and choose Taxes and Liabilities >correct Payroll Item
- Type the amount in the Amount Field
- If you want to increase the amount which you owed enter the positive amount in the field. Create a paycheck if you want this adjustment to relate with an employee
- If you want to decrease the amount which you owed just enter the negative amount
- Now, go to the Account Affected section and choose one i.e. do not affect accounts or Affect liability and expense accounts and click OK.
- To make adjustments for more employees you can click on Next Adjustment and repeat the steps if there is no other employee then click OK to save your changes
- Go through the Payroll Summary Report and check for the total amount
- In case, you are utilizing Assisted Payroll, send a zero payroll from your QuickBooks assisted payroll for sending the payroll changes.
- Make changes to the liability check and make it correct if the amount shows a negative/positive balance.
You can adjust the multiple payroll liabilities if you know the dates of previous quarters and paychecks.
QuickBooks Technical Support For Payroll Liabilities
If you are not getting the steps and you want assistance from QuickBooks expert then you can connect to them through QuickBooks Chat Support or you can simply dial our QuickBooks Support Number 1888-557-5018 for further assistance.