What is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 & How to fix it?
Usually, every QuickBooks Error has a distinct reason behind its inception. The case is not same for the QuickBooks Error PS058; it’s a generic error code. You will typically get this error when you are trying to download the latest payroll update. It might come due to a human error, machine error or a blend of both. It is quite bothersome to get an error on your screen when you are trying to get work done fast. If are looking for a faster way out, you can just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Number at +1888-557-5018 and ask one of our QuickBooks Specialists to solve the problem. However, we are providing a complete step by step guide to get rid of this error so that you can get back to work.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error PS058
Solution 1: Try To Download Payroll Update Again.
Solution 2: Try downloading the latest upgrade release from Intuit QuickBooks. You can read about that in downloading the latest QuickBooks release.
Solution 3: Manually download the latest software update online
- Download the patch file “qbwebpatch.exe” from http://www.quickbooks.com/support.
- If you do not have an active internet connection on the computer which has QuickBooks installed, go to a different computer which has an active internet connection and download this patch file.
- Move the downloaded file from this computer to the computer which has QuickBooks on it using a Flash Drive or CD.
- Install the patch file on your Desktop.
- Update the tax file from the CD/Flash Drive.
Solution 4: Check your Company file for any Errors
- Open “Product Information” window by pressing F2 or Ctrl+1 on your Keyboard while QuickBooks is open on your screen.
- Now, press F3 or Ctrl+2 in the Product Information window.
- Go to Tech Help window and click on “Open File” tab.
- Look for a file by the name “qbwin.log” and double click on it.
- Press the keys Ctrl+F on your Keyboard and a small window will open up on the top-right corner of your screen. Type “Error” in the field provided and hit enter.
- Look for all the statements that show up. Identify the numerical error code e.g. QuickBooks Error 15270 and search it on our website. We have a detailed step by step guide for solving every QuickBooks error.
Solution 5: If you have used RegCure or no error was found in the previous step, follow the steps given below.
- Close or Exit your QuickBooks.
- Open the Task Manager utility by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Search for the programs “qbupdate.exe” and “qbdagent2002.exe” in the list. Close both the programs if they are present by using “Close Program” tab.
- Press the Windows key on your Keyboard and type “reboot.bat” in the search window.
- If the file is found, double-click on it to run it.
- A DOS-type shell will open and will automatically close after its done.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the latest payroll update again.
Following the above solutions should have resolved the QuickBooks Error PS058. However, if the error is not resolved or if you are facing any technical difficulty, you can just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number. One of the Specialists from the Technical Department will look into the problem and also solve it for you.