What does QB Error Code C=342 Mean?
QuickBooks Error Code C=342 become visible when you try to open the damaged company file (.QBW) in QuickBooks 2014 and 2015 versions. In this situation do the restart process of QuickBooks software and then try to open the file again with the new data file.
How to Fix the Error Code C=342
To get rid of this Error you have to use the process Rebuild Data Utility. You can use this feature without opening the QuickBooks company file. This is the benefit in QuickBooks 2014 and 2015 versions. You can also diagnose your computer system for virus.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code C=342
Check for viruses in your system and if possible then open other data files. It is advised to rebuild your QuickBooks Company data without opening it. Still facing the same error then restores a backup of your company file. Windows XP users need to check compatibility under the settings section. Rebuild data utility helps every user to get the list of damaged company file in QuickBooks application.
Follow the process of QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility under the following conditions:
- When you see an error code message suggesting you use Rebuild Data Utility.
- Validate Data process ends with a Data Damage message.
- Whenever QuickBooks Support Executive suggest you run it
- Forms or reports display incorrectly.
How to fix the issue?
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Utility
- Navigate to the file > Hit utilities > Rebuild Data
- Hit OK if you see a pop-up to backup your QB Company file.
- When process complete, Hit OK to proceed with the next step.
Step 2: Run the Verify Utility
- Navigate to the File menu > Hit Utilities > Check Data
- Hit OK when you see a pop-up message QuickBooks detected no problem with your data. Now you can use your QB Company file.
- If you find any error then you will see two options, Rebuild now or View Errors.
- Click OK
- Proceed with these steps if you are satisfied reviewing the QBWIN.log file. Or you can call the QuickBooks Tech Support for advanced help.
- Open the QBWIN.log file
- Browse to begin verification and locate the latest file
- Locate the line that has LVL_ERROR, Copy and Paste to QuickBooks Help.
Technical Support to Fix Error Code C=342
If you get the above steps then definitely you get rid of your QuickBooks Error but in case somehow you are still facing the same issue then you must call QuickBooks Customer Support Number 1888-557-5018. Our certified technicians will assist you with the best solution and answer all your queries. Also, you can dial our toll-free direct line number which is 1888-557-5018. If you don’t want to delay your work then call QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1888-557-5018 and get the instant Support.