Is this message popping up on your screen “PS036: There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription?”
Are you facing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036 while trying to upload the Payroll to the latest Tax table?
There could be multiple reasons for this error to be shown on your QuickBooks. We will be mentioning all the possible reasons for this error and also the detailed step by step procedure to solve this error.
Reasons For Which This Error Comes On Your Screen
- Your Payroll subscription is not active.
- You have more than one Payroll agreement that is active and an indirect Direct Deposit agreement.
- You have some Data damage.
- Your product is not updated to the latest update available.
- You are entering an incorrect Service key.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop file is damaged. The name of the file is “paysub.ini”.
- The PSID that you entered in the company file is incorrect.
- The Employer Identification Number (EIN) provided in QuickBooks by you is not valid.
- Your operating system is not supporting the version of QuickBooks Desktop you have.
Solution 1: Verify your Payroll Subscription
- Make sure that the version of QuickBooks that you are using is the latest QuickBooks Desktop release and tax table release.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance, and then close the page.
- Shut down your computer and restart it.
- Open your browser and download the Payroll Update again.
- You have to reset QuickBooks Desktop Update.
If these steps didn’t solve your problem, go to solution 2.
Note: Do not follow the steps given below if you are using Direct Deposit for the company file that is facing this error. Contact us by dialing the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number at +1888-557-5018.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Search for files with the name “paysub.ini”.
- Rename paysub.ini, repeat this step for all the files found.
- Check if the Payroll service is shown active in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance.
- Close the page.
If none of the steps have worked for you, just dial the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number or you will have to perform a clean install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
Submit your review